"What can I expect from an HRHotSeat mastermind meetup?"
1. Members will take turns introducing themselves.
2. Members may break up into multiple groups, promoting accessibility and participation.
3. Members identified to sit in the HRHotSeat will present a real-life, HR-related, non-commercial personal or professional challenge on which they would like feedback from the group. An example might include, "I've run out of ideas on where to find qualified candidates." Another example might be, "I've recently been promoted into a leadership role and need to learn how to communicate more effectively with my team."
4. The group will offer potential solutions, resources, connections, and ideas for immediate progress.
5. Time will be provided for general networking and digging more deeply into feedback shared.
"What are some tips for success as an HRHotSeat event attendee?"
1. Always bring current government photo ID with you to HRHotSeat meetups, in case required by building security.
2. Arrive on time to get the most out of the Meetup and honor your fellow attendees.
3. Participate! Mastermind conversations are only valuable to the extent that attendees involve themselves in the process of presenting and solving challenges.
4. Bring business cards to share with fellow attendees.
5. Invite fellow HR professionals to register for HRHotSeat and attend the upcoming chapter event with you!
"Where do HRHotSeat events take place?"
A variety of HRHotSeat chapters host events in their local communities. Between events, members gather on this site to continue the actionable conversation.
"How much does it cost to attend HRHotSeat events?"
There is no cost to attend our monthly mastermind events. HRHotSeat chapter leads are committed to providing members with a fee-free, educational, hands-on networking experience unlike anything else that is currently available. From time to time, valuable "pop-up" events may be scheduled for which an admission fee may apply.
"Can I launch a new HRHotSeat chapter?"
Absolutely! We are actively seeking entrepreneurially-minded individuals who are eager to convene an HR audience of their own. An HRHotSeat chapter license can help you grow your network, establish authority, and expand your influence in the HR space. See our licensing page for more information.
"How can organizations benefit from the mastermind concept?"
In addition to supporting individual HRHotSeat involvement, organizations have benefitted from learning how they can create internal masterminds to encourage more inclusive collaboration and problem-solving strategy.
"What if I'm currently a student, in a job transition, and/or looking to move into HR?"
As long as you have an interest in human resources and a heart of service, you will fit right in! Attend an upcoming local chapter event to learn more about available job opportunities and make the meaningful connections that get you hired.
Interested? Contact HRHotSeat founder Erich Kurschat to find out how you can get involved today!